The course has been adapted from feedback gathered in school focus groups. Key features include:
- Same 8 session course topics as the adult Living Life Course.
- Content, worksheets and booklets adapted based on young persons’ feedback.
- Content and support scripts highlight life worries and challenges relevant to teenagers and other young people.
- Artwork updated to suit this age group.
- Powerpoint slides to run the course with all resources you need in PDF format, including worksheets to highlight learning from the sessions.
- Adapted speaker notes to help throughout every stage of the course.
- Why do I feel so bad? – How to use the Five Areas Assessment.
- I can’t be bothered doing anything – Teaches behavioural activation to help increase activity.
- Why does everything always go wrong? – How to combat negative thoughts.
- I’m not good enough – How to overcome low confidence.
- How to fix almost everything – Problem solving for practical problems.
- The things you do that mess you up – Problem solving for unhelpful behaviours.
- 1, 2, 3 Breathe? – Taking Control of irritability and anger.
- 10 things you can do to help you feel happier straight away.
The Five Areas team offers training in the use of the Living Life course for Young People, to help you run it effectively. Please contact us at email@example.com to book a local practitioner training course. We also offer training workshops on a regular basis – visit www.fiveareas.com/training for details.
Used the Five Areas booklets before and want to get straight on with delivering the classes? Please click here to read about our licenses.
To read about an example of how this resource is currently being used please click here.